Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Subaru NSI E81?

Default Subaru NSI E81?

Very new member needs some advice. I am considering buying a Vixen that has a brand new NSI Subaru E81 Fuel injected turbo engine 130 HP. I understand that NSI is no longer in business. Does anyone out there know if one could get help or support for this conversion? Thanks for your help!

Default Re: Subaru NSI E81?

You might also consider asking this question on Avidfoxflyers.com I think there maybe some additional Subie experience over there.

I don't have any personal experience with these.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Thank you Paul. Ill do that! Anyone else care to chime in?

Thanks much!

As Paul said. The other site has more Subie owners. I too have NSI setup, but no known support yet.
    IV speedster wing

I don't care if it's a Rotax, Subaru, Corvaircraft, or Volkswagen to own and fly a Kitfox or any other Experimental type Aircraft you better be a fair mechanic, or you will not be flying much.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Nu2me View Post
    As Paul said. The other site has more Subie owners. I too have NSI setup, but no known support yet.
    Thanks Nu2, what is your opinion of the NSI set up? How many hours have you flown with it? Have you had any trouble with it? Any weaknesses that you could note? Thanks a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post
    I don't care if it's a Rotax, Subaru, Corvaircraft, or Volkswagen to own and fly a Kitfox or any other Experimental type Aircraft you better be a fair mechanic, or you will not be flying much.
    Thanks Paul, I'm up for it. I do all the work on my Bonanza and Cherokee before that, I've rebuilt my dirt bikes all my life, built my own house etc. etc. I enjoy working on them ALMOST as much as flying them! Point taken, thanks!