Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Cost of Five-Year Rubber Replacement

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Cost of Five-Year Rubber Replacement

for one, the kitfox is NOT a certified aircraft. first I do all the work.
    second all the parts can be bought at NAPA. take the hose to the radiator, that's 2" radiator hose. I just replace mine and I got a 2 foot hose and installed it with clamps. real cheap. I replaced my fuel hose last year. I think again I used 2 ft of 1/8 auto fuel injection line. forget the firesleeve that most people like to put on, the engine area only goes maybe to 180 degrees maybe less because air is going through there all the time. Also I like to keep an eye on the main hose, that firesleeve stuff hides it. oil hose, again double braided rubber transmission line works really good on this, don't know the size I use, but can be gotten. then it's just a matter of changing them out. not to bad really.

the carb, remove the bowl and inspect. leave the fuel in it and check the floats, do they float nice and even between the two. if one is bad you will know, it will sink. usually the mid range circuit is the trouble maker, you take a straight screw driver and unscrew that and chase some brake cleaner in there and watch out the inlet where the filter is and watch for it to come out then hit some air in there. done. time to go fly.

yes YOU can do all this. nothing stopping you but maybe your fear and your mechanical ability. you can log the repair and sign it off. but then again, it's best to have a local FSDO give you the latest greatest paperwork for experimentals, sorry at the moment my brain is in fade mode. My 96 model had to have them upgraded. AH! operating limitations. That's just a process of having someone in the FAA FSDO issue the newest set. at least for me.

hope this helps
    Last edited by Slyfox; 07-29-2015 at 04:44 PM.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop