Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912uls

Default 912uls

Can someone tell me what the black 2 into 1 lead is for that comes with the engine ? Is it for the easy start module where a Rotax shows a lavender lead? I can find no reference to the lead anywhere in the material.
    Marv
    Building 7 SS

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Default Re: 912uls

Hi
    Yes it is for the easy start option . It hooks to each plug at the ignition moduled , the ones that are linked to the coils. It then hooks to the starter solenoid center slide on wire connector. I just hooked it up on my new ULS.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

I would like some help on this. I also have this "2 into one" wire, but if I look at the documentation it appears that it connects to the same point that the "P-lead" should have connected to. If these connect over to the pin on the starter solenoid, where to the grounding leads for the magnetos ("p-leads") go?

SS7 - 912ULS
    Thanks
    Tom

The soft start two into one wire goes into different plugs at the modules ,then one connection at the starter solenoid.

The P leads run from the other (different) plugs on the modules and are grounded at both ends , at the modules area and at the switch or switches area.

I ran my P lead grounds at the modules to the engine mount "riser for attaching the modules" .
    At the switches end ( I have two independent switches) I ran the ground to the airframe at the lower left instrument panel mount area, I drilled a hole in the panel mount fitting forward of the actual panel mount hole.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    C-FOXW

Thanks for the help - but I am more confused than ever now.

I only have one open pin on the two connectors that come from each electronics module.

Is it necessary to specify the Easy Start option? If so - I probably did not get it - but I got the cable!

If I do not have the Easy Start option, I assume these pins are for the P-leads?

Thanks
    Tom

SS7-912ULS

I do believe ALL of the new ULS 100 hp motors have the easy start ignition modules as a standard feature.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Each module has two six pin connectors . One of the six pin connectors has a pin or slot dedicated for the soft start wire. The other six pin connector has a slot or pin dedicated for the P lead. Again this is on each module.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    C-FOXW

OK - I think I have it now.

Thanks
    Tom