Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Assembly Instructions? Rudder Cable Rigging Tips Needed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Assembly Instructions? Rudder Cable Rigging Tips Needed

Evening all. New owner of a Kitfox IV Speedster. Love the airplane.

Discovered almost immediately that the rudder stops were INOP, causing rudder hard-over with danger of rudder binding on elevator. Discovered further that the right rudder cable swaged fitting was badly worn due to same problem. Rudder stop tabs on fuselage seemed to be "diving under" the cross member in the rudder.

I believe I have a solution for the stops, but need to rig a new rudder cable. To remove the old, I'm going to have to cut it, and that means I can't duplicate its length accurately. I've not rigged anything, let alone a rudder cable. I have an A&P who'll review the work, but I need help in figuring out how to rig it.

Left a voice-mail a few days ago for John McBean, who graciously returned it tonight even though he's at Oshkosh and I'm sure up to his eyeballs. He suggested that I get the assembly instructions which have rigging information, and that he'd send the CD, but I'm hoping I can get hold of the PDF file before July 31st which is the absolute earliest I might expect Kitfox to send it.

If anybody has a copy of the assembly instructions for a Kitfox IV Speedster as a PDF and could forward it to me, as well as any pertinent tips and instructions, that might get me flying again before July's over.

I've attached some photos of the fuselage tabs, the proposed rudder stop solution(s) and the worn swaging.

Any help gratefully accepted.
    Attached Images Attached Images