Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Us Jabiru Drivers

Default For Us Jabiru Drivers

From Leigh Cooper at Jabiru:

Hello Jabiru Fleet,

As we keep saying the Research and Development never stops here at Jabiru. For the last 4 years the Jabiru engineers have been working on the development of the “2210” engine. It’s exciting news!!! There is still work to be done but we are edging closer to the possible launch of this new engine. We are planning to initially release it as an experimental engine. Eventually there will also be a six cylinder released as well.

We have now accumulated just over 800 hours in test time and it is performing well. The engine has non corrosive aluminium cylinders with nickel and silicon carbide bores. These cylinders have three times the thermal conductivity of steel and the bores have very low friction and high wear resistance. The cast cylinders are more robust than the steel cylinders we currently use. We will keep you updated on the progress......... in the meantime we have attached some pictures for you of the “2210”

JABIRU AIRCRAFT PTY LTD
    PO Box 5792
    Bundaberg West Qld 4670
    Ph: 07 41551778
    Fax: 07 41552669
    Email: leighc@jabiru.net.au
    www.jabiru.net.au
    www.facebook.com/JabiruAircraft
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Bentley
    Model IV-1200
    Jabiru 2200A #438
    Rotec Aerosport LCH Heads
    Ellison EFS-2 Throttle Body
    Prince Prop (64x34)
    My SPOT Page

Default Re: For Us Jabiru Drivers

same HP? as 2200 or plus 10?
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

That's all the information they gave.
    Mike Bentley
    Model IV-1200
    Jabiru 2200A #438
    Prince Prop (64x34)
    My SPOT Page

I sure hope it turns out to be a good engine as it looks very simple and limited in 'add-ons'. WOuld make it a lot easier to do maintaince than the rats nest stuff surrounding the Rotax.

I didn't notice it before, but look at the box on the oil filler tube. I would guess it's to stop oil mist being blown out into the catch bottle.... I've heard some are using something like this and they don't use near as much oil as they used to. Wonder if Jabiru will say anything about it anytime soon. Jim Chuk

Is there any up date on the 2210 and the 3310
    and possible release dates

also will the new engine fit the existing engine mounts

is the location of the fuel system different

and a few more photos would be nice

Thanks
    Joe Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by cubtractor View Post
    From Leigh Cooper at Jabiru:

Hello Jabiru Fleet,

As we keep saying the Research and Development never stops here at Jabiru. For the last 4 years the Jabiru engineers have been working on the development of the “2210” engine. It’s exciting news!!! There is still work to be done but we are edging closer to the possible launch of this new engine. We are planning to initially release it as an experimental engine. Eventually there will also be a six cylinder released as well.

We have now accumulated just over 800 hours in test time and it is performing well. The engine has non corrosive aluminium cylinders with nickel and silicon carbide bores. These cylinders have three times the thermal conductivity of steel and the bores have very low friction and high wear resistance. The cast cylinders are more robust than the steel cylinders we currently use. We will keep you updated on the progress......... in the meantime we have attached some pictures for you of the “2210”

JABIRU AIRCRAFT PTY LTD
    PO Box 5792
    Bundaberg West Qld 4670
    Ph: 07 41551778
    Fax: 07 41552669
    Email: leighc@jabiru.net.au
    www.jabiru.net.au
    www.facebook.com/JabiruAircraft

Haven't heard a thing since Jab's original posting.
    Mike Bentley
    Model IV-1200
    Jabiru 2200A #438
    Prince Prop (64x34)
    My SPOT Page

I doubt that the motor mounts are different, they do look the same in the picture. Wonder what the rubber hose/socket is down on the front of the engine. Looks like there is a pipe coming out the front side of the intake manifold with the hose clamped onto it. Jim Chuk

Depending on the fuel system this may cause interference with some engine mounts.
    Some more photos from different angles or a engineering drawing for the people waiting for the new engine would help.
    I hope everything is going well with their testing, I think the new cylinders is a good thing and the new engine should be a little lighter.
    4 years and 4 months is not a rush to production, the designers at Jabiru have a lot of experience with aircraft and engines.
    I hope they give us a new update soon.
    Thanks
    Joe D

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    I doubt that the motor mounts are different, they do look the same in the picture. Wonder what the rubber hose/socket is down on the front of the engine. Looks like there is a pipe coming out the front side of the intake manifold with the hose clamped onto it. Jim Chuk

Just looked at the picture of the motor again, and noticed how high up the top of the carburetor is. Not at all in it's original position it seems. Jim Chuk