Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Rotax prices

Default Rotax prices

I'm real curious... can any of you guys in Europe tell me what a new Rotax 912 ULS is selling for over there right now?

In yesterday's news -

"U.S. import prices recorded their biggest drop in six years in
    January as prices fell broadly, a sign that domestic inflation
    pressures could remain muted for a while. The Labor Department
    said on Friday import prices tumbled 2.8 percent last month, the
    largest decline since December 2008, after sliding by a revised 1.9
    percent in December. It was the seventh straight month of declines
    in import prices. In the 12 months through January prices declined
    8.0 percent, the largest drop since September 2009."

Imported goods prices are down 8% for the last 12 months, EXCEPT Rotax engine prices (up 4 or 5%?).
    It sounds like the importer can control the price of course, but are we being taken advantage of?
    I'd just like to know if the higher prices are due to Rotax, or the distributors.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Default Re: Rotax prices

I'm guessing the engines have been in distributor inventory from before the EURO tanked. When they are sold, new deliveries will be lower priced.

Quote Originally Posted by mr bill View Post
    I'm guessing the engines have been in distributor inventory from before the EURO tanked. When they are sold, new deliveries will be lower priced.
    You're right mr bill. I was just discussing this with John McBean a couple of days ago. I was just real curious what the price was in Europe, although I already got information from a friend building a Rans S-19 that the price in Holland was supposedly $15,500. He has relatives there, and goes back about 2 times a year.

Don't get me wrong - unlike some, I think that the Rotax is fairly priced compared to other dedicated aircraft engine designs like Lycoming & Continental. And it is a much more modern design with many more parts than the aforementioned (not to mention it's lighter). I'm merely wondering how we compare price-wise with the rest of the world. If I remember correctly, John said that the current price was approximately $19,420 for the 912 ULS - a drop of $200 since the first of the year. I've been paying attention to the euro/dollar exchange rate, and hoping to see a much greater reduction than that.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime

"Taken advantage of".... do companies really do that?
    Lou
    KitFox II

17,900 is what I heard today. 912uls

Current pricing available until June 30 2015:

$14999.00 912 UL
    $17692.00 912 ULS
    $21611.45 912 Is - Does not include the Exhaust. $1195.00 (we include the exhaust with engine purchase.)

I know the 912iS was suppose to include the exhaust.. It doesn't.. BRP Powertrain (Rotax) Austria removed it from the engine and priced it separately.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

May be You can mail to Rotax Franz in Germany ,they are are a very big dealer in europe

Just out of curiosity, I contacted some dealers in Europe, and also have a contact in the Netherlands through a friend. FYI, the prices in the UK (for instance) are cheaper than in the USA, but then those folks have to pay the VAT, which actually brings their cost very close to what we pay. The VAT can be avoided on an export, but even if you could arrange the purchase, & by the time you deal with everything, including paperwork, shipping, etc., is it worth it? I don't believe it is for me, and even if I could save a little, I want to support John & Debra. I'll be ordering my engine from Kitfox.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime

Thumbs up Re: Rotax prices

Sorry< John, off by $200.

The Ringmount is included in the cost. outstanding deal with KitFoxaircraft. Sounds like the best way to go..