Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

View Poll Results: 2015 Kitfox Factory Fly-In at McCall or Homedale?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • McCall ID

22 56.41%
  • Homedale ID at the factory

17 43.59%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Factory Fly-in

Default Re: 2015 Factory Fly-in

We just want to take a moment to thank EVERYONE who made our Fly-In this past weekend a total success!!! Despite the smoke we had a great time and enjoyed the company of those who made it. And for those who planned to attend and were unable to for whatever reason, we missed you and hope you can attend next time!. Thank you to our many sponsors for their contribution to the dinner and raffle.

Event sponsors:
    -Rotax flying and safety club
    -Western aircraft
    -SPOT
    -MzeroA.com
    -Hazebusters
    -AeroLEDs
    -Dream scheme designs
    -Kitplanes magazine
    -Foreflight
    -Sulpher Creek Ranch

Thank you to Stick & Rudder Aviation for coordinating our breakfast fly out and briefing the night before! Well presented and professional as always!

And lastly, thank you to John and Debra who put in countless hours to make the event happen!
    Attached Images Attached Images

It was a great weekend. We enjoyed meeting everyone and putting a face to the forum handle. Thank you John, Debra, and the whole Kitfox family. It was fun to meet the people who built my kit.

Nancy and I are still here in Idaho. I finished my first day of training with Stick and Rudder. Aaron is great and I am frustrated with my skills but I will get the hang of it. I don't have good coordination skill. That ball is p###ing me off!

I can't wait to get home and push my build over the finish line.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Some more fly-in photos of the backcountry excursion. The last one is yours truly to prove, mostly to myself, that I actually did it. My first time in the Idaho back-country. Many thanks to Paul Leadabrand and Preston Riley for my excellent sport pilot training two years ago that prepared me for this kind of fun flying.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Just a little smoke. Looks like you had fun! I love the panoramic photo of all of the Kitfoxs.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I also have to chime in with a thanks for the pictures and reports. I do confess firm plans to be there that were mitigated to extinction by the many fires and attendant issues. In my case, Two days before the fly-in I flew to Jackson, a half hour or so south of Cameron Park for a BFR, and in the smoke it wasn't fun. I then projected that onto a six hour flight and didn't like what I saw in my mind.

Again thanks for the reports and pictures. It looks like fun overall.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Desert Fox 4 and I flew two-ship up from Phoenix and did have to battle the smoke from CA while flying through NV. It turned marginal at times but we were able to maintain a visual of each other as well as the ground.
    P1080891.jpg

The arrival at McCall Friday around noon kicked of this great weekend. The McBean's were there with tables set up outside the FBO handing out t-shirts and refreshments.
    P1080894.jpg

Planes flew in throughout the afternoon connecting friends that had not seen each other for two or more years.
    P1080899.jpg

Friday night we were treated to a nice dinner and Paul Leadabrand of Stick and Rudder Aviation gave a detailed pilots briefing for the following mornings flight.
    P1080978.jpg
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Saturday morning came with much anticipation. The smoke was a factor and did change the original plans. We were going to fly out in two groups of about 9 planes, but the call was made to cancel the gaggles. Flying into the strips with those numbers in good visibility may have been a challenge, but for this day...the smoke forced us to play the card of safety. Several chose to go in small groups. As a "flat-lander" from Phx. with almost 0 time mountain flying, I was fortunate to find that Stick an Rudder had an instructor (Aaron) available to keep me out of trouble. It turned out to be an awesome learning experience as our first strip was Sulfur Creek. Many went in to have breakfast and had a great time.
    P1080936.jpg IMG_0359.jpg IMG_0378.jpg IMG_0360.jpg IMG_0361.jpg
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

While at the Sulphur Creek breakfast, we learned that Galen Hanselman (author of several books) was there. He had copies of Fly Idaho there so I took the opportunity and had him sign a copy. If you are interested in one of these book sets, I learned that Kitfox Aviation has them available.
    IMG_0365.jpg

Next it was off to Indian Creek

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Our last strip was Johnson Creek and she did not disappoint. A nice lineup of Kitfoxes and a shot of Aaron (my instructor with Stick and Rudder). Thanks again Aaron for the assist!

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ