Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: HKS Engines in Production

Default HKS Engines in Production

Hi Folks,

We're fresh from the Sebring Sport Aviation Expo where we made our first appearance with HKS Engines since acquiring the World-Wide Distribution rights last Fall. Quicksilver Aircraft Northeast LLC and Greensky Adventures Inc. have been tasked with the World-Wide sales, service, support and distribution - both OEM and Retail - of the HKS 700E 4 Stroke Engine and Accessories. Sadly, the 700T will not be produced

While at Sebring, I was astounded at how quickly and widely news of HKS stopping production had traveled. (Wish my advertising worked so well) That is no longer the case, as engines are available and shipping, and the support from Japan has been first-rate following some restructuring there.

Sebring also allowed me to speak with owners and others familiar with the HKS700E, and all the comments were positive. That was good to know, and confirmed we made the right decision by keeping the engine supply alive.

Jerry at Greensky and I will be at Sun-n-Fun, Booth 51 in Paradise City to show what HKS has to offer - stop by and see us. Let either of us know if you have any questions. www.HKSEngines.com or www.facebook.com/hksaviation

Default Re: HKS Engines in Production

Thanks for posting that information it is indeed good news that the HKS is again available.
    GB
    Flying a HKS Kitfox III and a Champ

Thanks, Gary. I know you have been one of the 700E's biggest supporters, and we appreciate it.

That is really good news. The HKS is a really great replacement for the earlier two stroke powered Kitfoxes and Avids in my opinion. And being that those were the lightest of the fleet, they are some of the most fun to fly. Having the HKS is likely to keep the old ones going. So thank you for keeping the HKS option open for us.

I know a guy that converted his C model Avid to an HKS and said it does everything the 2 stroke did for performance and more, and the weight gain was pretty much nil. Here's a link to where you can read comments about his HKS powered Avid, along with his video.

Oh, and he also is a really great guitarist, so check out some his other you tube videos by clicking on his youtube user ID "theguitarwiz".

https://www.youtube.com/all_comments...Rn9GAx7N5NFRC4

I know it's almost impossible to make money in this industry, let alone get rich. So thank you again for stepping up to the plate to keep the HKS option open for our community.
    Last edited by av8rps; 02-08-2015 at 05:52 AM.