So I asked in another thread what would happen if you were caught flying without a current medical certificate. Apparently nobody has first hand knowledge of anyone that has been caught.
I haven't, and probably won't fly as pilot in command without one, for now.
Yes you might eventually get caught robbing banks but that is completely different because that is a FEDERAL OFFENCE with specific laws and procedures set up for states and federal courts to follow. Flying without a medical certificate or even without a pilots certificate is a misdemeanor offence.
And yes, when there is an incidence and the general public finds out that the pilot didn't have a current medical certificate there will be outrage and general discontent among the masses. And what if it happens in one of those dangerous homemade airplanes (they should all be banned, they're so unsafe and constantly falling out of the sky!) ? Did he even have a flight plan on file?
But having one or not having one could be debated until "Spacely Space Sprockets" files for bankruptcy protection.
I was just wondering how much trouble a person could expect getting caught without a medical certificate. I'm sure it would be worse if your last one said you had diabetes, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, copd, and chronic explosive diarrhea.