Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AirParks

Default Re: AirParks

the easiest way to raise a hangar if it has the standard bolt down steel gerters..add one of these to each leg then pour the knee wall after and encasing the knee braces
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

well the place I listed earlier is out, so next.... this one is better in dimension
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

I like what you did. Very, very nice. Having investors each get their own lot for such a small investment is an excellent way to get one of these going. I am very impressed that an L39 can operate from that runway. I wasn't aware they could operate from grass.

Hmmmm???? Maybe I need to start selling lots on my airport? I can sell off 3 acre lots (or larger) without having to do anything, so maybe I could do something similar even now. Food for thought...

Paul

Yes, Paul. I couldn't believe it either, but when I saw the guy sidle up to the AVGAS pumps and fill up, I nearly fell over backwards!

By the way, we sell both Mogas and avgas at Wings park. It has become the preferred stop for people travelling down the coast, rather than East London airport.

The max number of shares is still 42 and they are all accounted for and buildings are going up steadily.

PS How do I "quote a previous poster?"

Regards
    Reid

Lower right in each text box click on it, and it will open a new box, edit what you want to post, add your text
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

WAIT A MINUTE! YOU said he filled up with AVGAS??? An L39 can run on avgas?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I like what you did. Very, very nice. Having investors each get their own lot for such a small investment is an excellent way to get one of these going. I am very impressed that an L39 can operate from that runway. I wasn't aware they could operate from grass.

Hmmmm???? Maybe I need to start selling lots on my airport? I can sell off 3 acre lots (or larger) without having to do anything, so maybe I could do something similar even now. Food for thought...

Paul

Yes, Paul. I couldn't believe it either, but when I saw the guy sidle up to the AVGAS pumps and fill up, I nearly fell over backwards!

By the way, we sell both Mogas and avgas at Wings park. It has become the preferred stop for people travelling down the coast, rather than East London airport.

The max number of shares is still 42 and they are all accounted for and buildings are going up steadily.

PS How do I "quote a previous poster?"

Regards
    Reid

Maybe an L19? haha

[QUOTE=SkyPirate;46367]raising a hangar is easy crib it up above the altitude you want it pour a kneewall set it back down add to your door,.. /QUOTE]

I guess there are hangars and there are hangars. I stand by my advice. If anyone reading this decides to participate in an Airpark community it likely will be around for a long time Plan wisely!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by av8rps View Post
    WAIT A MINUTE! YOU said he filled up with AVGAS??? An L39 can run on avgas?
    When I pumped AVGAS as a kid we had a small jet trainer fill up on gas and one quart of oil. At first I refused to pump the gas until he showed me the POH that stated it was acceptable. We were having problems with line guys filling "Turbo" Cessnas with JetA when they were really just turbocharged gas engines....

Jet engines can run on almost any type of fuel and Pratt & Whitney PT6 engines are approved to run on avgas.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

That's nice Lowell👍
    Right now at my house( no runway) I have a plane in the down stairs shop now, and room for 2 Kitfox ( or 8 if you fold the wings . In the upstairs shop ) if this all pans out , the idea of putting a flying community together.. I plan on a bunker style hangar with the house on top, 40'x60' hangar with 12' ceiling , it will depend on the lay of the land of course.. So the main floor of the house is ground level on the front, hangar out the back
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL