Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you carry a weapon on board?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Do you carry a weapon on board?

Before all of my firearm collection was lost in a tragic boating accident, this was often found on or near my person…

Smith & Wesson model 629

Also tragically lost was my normal carry gun of choice. (I am licensed for concealed carry)

Ruger LCP in a Wallet Holster

Someday maybe I'll buy another gun.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I'm usually carrying a Colt US Government .380 auto. I check the Reciprocity laws prior to a trip. If the State laws I am traveling in does not have reciprocity laws I leave it at home.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I too had a tragic boating accident and lost all of my firearms but if I were to ever carry a pistol while flying/hiking/camping I would carry a Springfield .45 with solid points.

i think things are getting confused . personal protection while camping , in my opinion , nothing beats a 1911 . survival if forced down is another story . i would probably starve to death if gathering food with a .45 was what i had to do . some years ago , i think it was h&r made a o/u .223 and.410 that would have made a good gun to carry in the plane . i really should include some sort of a weapon in my survival gear . if i should survive a forced landing in a remote place, i don't plan on being there long enough to get hungry any way because my plb will get help in a hurry. i think they advertise 45 minutes
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Protecting yourself in a Survival situation in South Texas. I would be more concerned with Cartel Members trying to rob, or steal my plane on landing at one of the Airport in the Valley, Falfurrias, or Laredo than I would be concerned with survival, and the need for food in a crash landing. I landed at Dallas North after one of my Cross Country, and as I was unpacking the plane the DEA & Plano Police come flying in, they surrounded the plane tha taxied in right after me. Ever since I have referred to small airports like Mesquite Hudson Airport as Mesquite International, it is surprising the amount of nefarious activities goes on in addition to drug running through south Texas airports. I would imagine the same is true for New Mexico, and Arizona.

Besides when my wife helps me to pack for a trip I'll have enough food & water to survive several days.
    Last edited by Paul Z; 01-01-2015 at 05:52 PM.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Well, if there is any sort of concern about safety, invoke the "it's always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" clause.

I've got 2 knifes a flashlight and a lighter, if that isn't enough to hold me over in a temporary survival mode situation then the U.S. army sure wasted it's time training me,... But if I had a choice I'd take an SPS 30-06 with a Burrus scope please
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Quote Originally Posted by SkyPirate View Post
    I've got 2 knifes a flashlight and a lighter, if that isn't enough to hold me over in a temporary survival mode situation then the U.S. army sure wasted it's time training me,... But if I had a choice I'd take an SPS 30-06 with a Burrus scope please
    Actually a good handgun is more than sufficient, a 30-06 iron sight or scope would be more than sufficient. However, a Tracking Point .308 bolt action would be nice.
    http://tracking-point.com/precision-...08-bolt-action

Or maybe a XS4 PRECISION-GUIDED 338 LM BOLT-ACTION, now that would just be the cats meow.
    http://tracking-point.com/precision-...-hunting-stock

If I didn't have a Kitfox I might consider getting an XS4.
    Last edited by Paul Z; 01-01-2015 at 10:19 PM.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

27,500 for that 338 ..ouch lol I could buy 27 SPS's
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Quote Originally Posted by Lion8 View Post
    Well, if there is any sort of concern about safety, invoke the "it's always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" clause.
    I completely concur. However, most people that live in Del Norte , North of the Red River, do not understand the issue with the Cartel, & their hit squads. My family settled in Texas, when it was referred to as Tejas. We have had all kind of nice visitors like Pancho Villa commander of the División del Norte, and ever since my family settled in Tejas. Survival is more than surviving a crash, and finding something to eat.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas