Skot,

I'd agree with the folks indicating re-welding by a competent person if the only issue is a crack with no other underlying problems such as corrosion.

If I understand the photo correctly, this looks to be the bottom of the strut where it is welded to the tube which the nose wheel fork swivels on.....Correct?

I'd check an additional item ......the vertical tube which the nose wheel fork swings on calls for inserting a foam plug during original assembly/build, sealed with hysol up the inside of the threaded end an inch or so to clear the cotter pin.....the reason for this is to seal the vertical tube from moisture and corrosion. Due to the location down in the weeds - this spot is particularily succeptible to corrosion as the inside is not painted or powdercoated. Checking the integrity of this plug is an annual condition inspection point. If the plug is not there, or is damaged, this is a particularily nasty place for moisture to get up and rot the vertical tube from the inside out. The weld is basically naked and unprotected on the inside of the tube without the plug. Tube rust/corrosion from the inside out can make a weak spot where developement of a crack could be a secondary effect of corrosion/rust/thinning of the metal.

If the original plug is intact and no rusting - the plug will likely have to be renewed after welding/treatment as it will probably fry from the welding.

Buying a new one is a certain way to go if it ends up the original can't be safely fixed.

Sincerely,

Dave S
KF 7 Trigear
912ULS Warp Drive