Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Hanger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hanger

Posting some pics of the new Hanger. This is as far as I going to go for the winter. Time to move into the garage and start working on the Fox.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kurt A

Kitfox II,
    Rotax 912,
    1100 gross
    Fixer Upper Project

Default Re: Hanger

Yep.... we see the "termination dust" on the ground out in front... you got a lot done... looks great!
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

Your "toy box" looks great.

I like the rod on the left. Need to pull her out and post a couple of pictures.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

That is truly awesome! I have a big barn but none of the doors are wide enough to get her out with the wings unfolded. I looked into hiring a company to give me some material specs to build a header and supports, but they were stupid expensive for just a piece of paper. I was also thinking of a "lean to" a bit smaller than your hangar, but once again, I get humbled by span width and load numbers. I would love to have a place I can keep her out of the rain and hail during the summer with the wings out and locked ready to go when I get home from work. I was thinking pre-fab joists about 40' wide...
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post
    I like the rod on the left. Need to pull her out and post a couple of pictures.
    It's a very hairy ride! 545 CUIN stroker, solid lifter cam, 7 lbs of boost, fuel injected, should be around 850 HP, all steel body 1928 Ford, lots of fun.
    Kurt A

Kitfox II,
    Rotax 912,
    1100 gross
    Fixer Upper Project

I want 850 HP in my Kitfox, then it would be a KickB * * T. Oh sorry I'm a life long gear head!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Thanks for all the Kudo's guy's. Yes it is a 40 ft span on the inside. Beams are not engineered but are built very strong. Pretty much solid 24 inches deep X 6 1/2 thick with laminated 2X10 and OSB glued and screwed together. I have a string stretched across all three beams to keep an eye on things as the snow load comes.
    Kurt A

Kitfox II,
    Rotax 912,
    1100 gross
    Fixer Upper Project