Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Mod 4 Speedster Door Windows

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Mod 4 Speedster Door Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt.A View Post
    Lowell that is drop dead gorgeous! Can you post a link for the materials? Forming the material should be relatively easy with a piece of 1/8 th. material (scrap plywood, aluminum etc.) in the channel to prevent the channel from collapsing.
    Thanks, Kurt. The product is McMaster Carr part number 8429A3 - just checked and still in the online catalog. You got the bend issue right on. I used several layers of thin aluminum strips that fit very snugly into the channels. I marked the bend location and clamped a piece of rounded 2X4 in the vice and bent it over that by hand - repeatedly checking progress against the door frame. You can see by the picture that I trimmed each end to fit over the door frame tubing.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Default Re: Mod 4 Speedster Door Windows

Quote Originally Posted by HighWing View Post
    Thanks, Kurt. The product is McMaster Carr part number 8429A3 - just checked and still in the online catalog. You got the bend issue right on. I used several layers of thin aluminum strips that fit very snugly into the channels. I marked the bend location and clamped a piece of rounded 2X4 in the vice and bent it over that by hand - repeatedly checking progress against the door frame. You can see by the picture that I trimmed each end to fit over the door frame tubing.
    Ordered the aluminum H last night and got a reply from McMaster Carr today saying that they are declining the order. Apparently they will not ship a personal order out of country, only business orders. So searching for another supplier.

Kurt
    Kurt A

Kitfox II,
    Rotax 912,
    1100 gross
    Fixer Upper Project