Hello All,

I just joined today due to my increasing intrest in the kitfox. I am currently seeking my privot ticket in the UK (where I live not where I am from ) in a C-152 (about 35hrs. as of writing this so pretty green). I plan to be back in the US early next year with the goal transitioning to a tail wheel and hopefully purchasing a kitfox. My budget is low so I cannot afford the new 7, so I think the IV with a 582 may be a good option. Now for a few questions.

Long shot, anyone of you guys (or gals) in the UK? I am near London and would love an opportunity to go for a flight in a IV.

Second question - What are the thoughts of buying a used IV vs. building a new one? I am very mechanical and know my way around a 2-stroke engine. That said, I have never built an airplane. Lot's of motorcycle and car experience, and 2nd hand knowledge from my old man who use to build and fly ultralights.

Last Question (for now) - does anyone have first hand experience with the IV-582 combo at high density altitudes? I expect to be moving to Colorado (Boulder area) and field elevations are 5K plus.