I was told by the technical department at LEAF that the pre 2010 Rotax 912ULS engines will start easier with less damage to the engine and gearbox after installing a Rotax produced flywheel that retards the timing at start up more than the flywheel that came with the engine.

1. Has anyone tried this flywheel that can report on how worthwhile the modification is for smoother starts?

2. The flywheel seems like a bargain for $370, but removing the flywheel requires a $200 puller.
Does anyone of this puller for rent or for sale?

3. I have also learned that I need to live in fear that the all mighty 912ULS sprag clutch will prematurely fail if your starting system, starting technique and gear box are not perfect and if your prop exceeds the moment of inertia of the gear box.
Makes me miss my Lycoming already.
I just replaced the starter with a Skytec since the Rotax starter was worn out (brushes and armature) and want to make sure the rest of my starting system is ideal since I am new to flying with the 912ULS in a model 4 Kitfox.
My current battery cables are size 6 wire with crimped on eyelets.
The Aerovoltz 12 cell battery is on the left side behind the firewall so cable distance is quite short.
I will be installing a Bully Hawk delayed timing device and the slipper clutch tests out with in normal limits for torque when tested with a fish scale at 24" from prop center.
My 72" tapered tip, nickle leading edge Warp Drive prop probably exceeds the recommended inertia limit.
What prop does not exceed the limits of the gear box?
Should I consider going to size 4 cables and should the eyelets be soldered for better conductivity?
Would I get better starting performance with the Odyssey 680 battery that many 912ULS owners seem to be using?
Should I be using a block heater.
I live on the Southern Oregon coast which has mild temperatures.
Any other suggestions from those who have years flying the 912ULS without fearing the "sprag" clutch.
Sounds like I need sprag clutch therapy or quit talking to "tech" departments.
Thanks
Herman