I had an earlier post about carb issues. Thanks to all for you insight. The best thing I learned about carb syncing is to Patience (hope I spelled that right). Three days ago I finally got N8027Q Airborne!! 2 days ago I Soloed in it and the only thing that got me out of it was night fall! I honestly like tail dragger landings better than tri-gear. No more shimmy damper rattling. It just feel more natural. Currently I am waiting for the weather to break. I am working on ways to seal the doors to try to stay a little warmer.
Next question? In the summer it gets to a whopping 60*F. Currently we will not see 50*F until next May-ISH. Looking for the pros and the Cons to adding a oil cooler by pass valve. My biggest worry is system failure. Right now I spend 10 minutes on the ground just to get her to 140*F. That's longer than a Huey or Blackhawk!
For those of you that haven't flown your tail dragger yet, do what A local (long time pilot) told me. Just fly the Dam thing! He was tired of watching me taxi it around! Also, (Same guy) Do your landings in the Grass First!
Dave
N8027Q
Yakutat, Alaska