This is probably a question for the Kitfox factory (maybe John will chime in). The W&B worksheets that come with the SS7 kit as well as the spreadsheet that is available on the Kitfox website show the max allowable aft CG to be 16.00". This number is apparently independent of gross weight. However, when I was taking my training with Stick & Rudder in their SLSA, the POH showed an allowable CG envelope that was not so simple; it showed a max aft CG of 16.00" at 1320 lbs, but it then slanted back to 14.00" at 1050 lbs. Which is correct?

The main reason I ask is that I recently loaded up my SS7 for a camping trip with me alone (no passenger) but lots of gear in the baggage compartment. My weight was1250 lbs with an aft CG of 16.0". It did not feel unsafe in flight, but definitely felt tail heavy in the landing flare. According to the SLSA POH I should have limited the aft CG to 15.5". In my case here it is probably no big deal, but I could see that with a very lightweight pilot flying solo with lots of gear in the baggage area the discrepancies between these two aft CG envelopes could become quite large. Some clarification would be nice.