Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: How much is a used 914 worth

Default How much is a used 914 worth

Hi everyone. Waiting to hear back from this guy for more specifics, but how much is a used 914 worth with 190 hours total time?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-other/ed...ationFlag=true

I'm a little more hesitant to buy a used turbo as i don't know if it has been beat up at all but the airmaster prop is tweaking my interest.

Default Re: How much is a used 914 worth

Good question- obviously need to know more info with regards to prop strike, etc.

I should have more info tonight. Flying up to Westlock to see it. Foudn out that it was in a pelican that was wrote off.. Sounds like there was a prop strike. The guy shipped it to Rotech in BC and spent $4,000 getting the engine OKed and he also spent $4,000 on getting the prop rebuilt.

I am not a dealer but I fly with the Airmaster prop and the Rotax 914 and I have a few thoughts regarding this combo.

A new Airmaster is north of $6k (US dollars) and if this thing has been sent to Airmaster and repaired etc. then I wouldn't be the least bit afraid of it. If it has the Beta position capability (reverse) direction then it is definetely the much newer version as well. 190 hours is nothing. If I was selling mine I wouldn't even think of asking less than $5k + for it. Make sure he has the logs for it and it is current.

The 914 having gone to Rotech will also be newly as new. Again 190 hours is nothing. The TBO is 2000 hours. I think you could call Rotech and even talk to them about this engine. Get the serial number and they will have records and info on it. These folks are top notch and they deal with these engines regularly. They are factory reps and they are one of the few organizations that can zero time these engines whether they come from individuals or the military arena.

Again make sure the logs are there and current and if he wants anything less than $20-25k I would think good thoughts about it.

The 914 is a good engine and coupled with the Airmaster sure makes the Kitfox a very fast and capable plane.