Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: How to ship Model 4 to Australia

Default How to ship Model 4 to Australia

I have a interested party in my model 4. Has anybody had experience
    in shipping oversea's?

Mike

Default Re: How to ship Model 4 to Australia

One of the best is Sharman Enterprises, 262 Silver Eagle, Vacaville. CA 95688
    (707) 448-1103
    Ask for Sheila.... her husband Jeff was killed in an aircraft accident last year.... midair with a turkey vulture... He was a great guy.....we all miss him.

Sheila and the rest of the team are said to be still shipping aircraft in containers overseas.
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

My IV was shipped in a 20" container, fitted all quite well. Just the plane, no other stuff on board. A bit more expensive, but you are more certain that all goes well, even in heavy storms at sea.... The wings were crated, lying on top of each other, the hull standing overhead. The gear fastened with transport-ties. Worksed grate for me. Have pics if you want'm.

Here are a few companies that advertise here in Australia for imports of planes the US.

wwwSkyviewAviation.com
    http://www.aircraftimports.com.au
    http://www.aircraftsalescentre.com.au/
    http://www.chfreight.com.au/about-us/

good Luck
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ

Plan on AUD $11,500 (USD $6600, US side plus AUD$4000 Aust side estimating the value of your plane) plus the cost of trucking to a port if you live further than a couple of hours away.
    The KitFox 4 will fit in a 20' container with the wings in frames up against one wall or overhead ( a bit harder to do).The rest goes under the fuse.
    There are complexities that must be navigated around so that there is no trouble at the receiving end . Get them wrong and the options are re-export or destruction ( absolute disposal) and a fine.

You can see that it can be something approaching a fair percentage of the purchase cost and that does not take a step towards certification.

I have done a few shipments and it isn't cheap or as easy as some might say.
    New shipments from the factory are easier and cheaper.
    Best of luck.