Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rotec tbi

Default Re: rotec tbi

Hello Ken.

That person in SA is me.

I bought a KF5 with the Ellison Body in it and my Maintainance MAN didn't want me to fly with it because he doesn't like them.
    He sourced a MA3 SPA for me and I still have the Ellison.

Send me a personal mail if you are interested. (in why he didn't like it and also if you want it).

My motor is a Franklin and after much chatting with the Franklin guys in the States, I see they are talking to Rotec about a throttle body for the Franklin.

Kind regards
    Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Hello Ken.

That person in SA is me.

I bought a KF5 with the Ellison Body in it and my Maintainance MAN didn't want me to fly with it because he doesn't like them.
    He sourced a MA3 SPA for me and I still have the Ellison.

Send me a personal mail if you are interested. (in why he didn't like it and also if you want it).

My motor is a Franklin and after much chatting with the Franklin guys in the States, I see they are talking to Rotec about a throttle body for the Franklin.

Kind regards
    Reid.
    Thanks for the offer, but i bought rotec tbi already. Havent run it yet. Hopefully in a few months. Ken

I ran the Rotec TBI for over 1000 hours on my Jabiru engine, until the engine let go...it is a very good unit, and I would recommend it. I wanted to try running my engine LOP, and this unit does that very easily. As far as the primer that somebody mentioned, it comes as part of the TBI...you just have to run a cable to it (or operate it with a solenoid) and rig up a means to depress the primer button...very simple operation.

Lynn

Lynn, i recently cranked the O-200 with the rotec tbi. Only ground run at this point. At first the idle wouldnt hold below 1000. I turned the idle adjust screw 1/4 turn out and i get a 550 idle. Did you find this adjustment so sensitive? Thanks, Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ken nougaret View Post
    Lynn, i recently cranked the O-200 with the rotec tbi. Only ground run at this point. At first the idle wouldnt hold below 1000. I turned the idle adjust screw 1/4 turn out and i get a 550 idle. Did you find this adjustment so sensitive? Thanks, Ken
    It's been so long since I had to touch the idle screw that I can't recall, but I could get my idle down to about 400 rpm using just the vernier throttle knob...that's on a Jabiru with my homebuilt tuned intake system.

Lynn