Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: (un)Necessary gauges

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default (un)Necessary gauges

There's alot of knowledge and experience here-What's your opinion of fuel pressure gauges? Useful or not? What about manifold pressure gauges? My kit came with one.

Default Re: (un)Necessary gauges

which motor is on your kit jr?

I should have said-It's a 912ul.It came with a manifold pressure gauge so I used it.I'm just not sure why except the hole was there in the panel for it.I don't think I'll have much control over manifold pressure.I have a fuel pressure gauge not installed yet but my Rotax service tech says it's unnecessary.What's your opinion?

hmmm where is the sensor located for the pressure,. the reason why I ask,..I'm wondering if the location was intended for an EGT,..Exhaust Gas Temp in the panel

to be completely honest I have not messed with the 912's much yet,.I believe that ussually manifold pressure instrumentation is installed when a constant speed prop is going to be used,.correct me if I'm wrong
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 05-27-2009 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks SkyPirate, The gauge I have is mechanical-Does not use a sender. I haven't installed anything yet but a "T" is to be placed in the fuel line after the engine fuel pump and a wet line to gauge. It's a higher quality (higher priced) gauge than the electronic gauge but I don't feel too comfortable with another fuel line pumping gas toward me. I wondered what others are doing. As for as the manifold pressure gauge goes, it's instaled and working so I'll probably leave it. You're probably right about its purpose.

don't need either.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop