Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: How many have a BRS ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: How many have a BRS ?

There is an extensive three page discussion on chutes that started in January of this year (and is still being contributed to as of 3/18) in the TeamKitfox Forum - the title is BRS Install photos in Model 3?

One perspective I added in that thread had to do with adverse marketing and sales issues with the two big manufacturers, BRS and Magnum.

Check it out.

BTW, several members have discussed here and in other threads that they see the value of a chute in the event of "a major structural failure", usually described as a wing coming off or similar problem.
    My question to the group is "When/where has any Kitfox experienced such a structural failure that happened spontaneously, meaning not as the result of striking something like a tree or another airplane OR entering into severe weather conditions such as a T-storm OR aerobatics/structural g-overloading?"
    The reason I ask is that I've heard many times over the years that this type of failure has never occurred with a Kitfox and thought the group might have some background on this because it pertains so much to the chute question...

Rich Cunningham
    Model IV-1200 / 912
    Last edited by rcsfca; 03-21-2010 at 08:56 PM.