Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bing 64 Floats

Default Re: Bing 64 Floats

Dave,

Start with the Rotax maintenance manual: http://www.flyrotax.com/portaldata/5/dokus/d05562.pdf

Section 12-20-00 from page 31 on and go from there.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Danzer1 View Post
    Greg

Forgot to mention: they also redesigned the shape of the float bowl, so old floats in a new style bowl or visa versa may cause misalignment/sticking. All other parts including seals and gaskets should be interchangeable.
    you can put the newer floats in the old bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfox View Post
    I saved $20 and went with Spruce and Spec. $88 including shipping. After cleaning and inspecting everything I can't find any wear. The only trouble I could find was those Floats. I replaced all the gaskets and o-rings. If I can't get another 100hours out of these before buying any hard parts then I will get rid of them all together and find a set of carbs (or go with an injection system) that will last. I think between the sticking floats and the needle screws not even being close to each other that she will run great when the new floats are installed.
    Any good to know tips for Tuning and Syncing them? I just won a electronic carb sync tool.
    Thanks for the replies
    Have a great one!
    Dave
    Ya, throw that metal tube between the two sides and put a hose there. than you can get a clamping jaws and clamp it when you want to balance things. than remove the connector on the carb that has the screw, put your balancer hoses there. it eliminates the pulses from the cylinders. if you connect to the larger connection where that steel pipe goes you will get false readings. Next take and open the throttle all the way and adjust your linkage so you have full throttle the same on both carbs, after that you can run it for the final "fine adjustment with your carb synch tool. I've done this on my rotax engines for about 1800 hrs now. mine runs great and smoooooth.