I set each leg of the trip up the same way Steve,..with options north or south routes,..luckily the way out we only had to divert twice,..but on the way back we re routed many times to avoid storms,..and even then we ran into a wall,..3 days to get back for a 10.6 hr flight all total back,..when we hit the Indiana / Illinois line we were head on with 2 cells one slightly north of our path,,one slightly south but they were wide enough that my chances of getting around them was pretty slim,..so we waited for them to pass,..as we waited..the closest cell discipated right in front of us,..the second took a more northerly path,,we went under it to the south,..about 3 hrs on the ground that time..but they had some awesome recliners and couches in the lounge so I wasn't complaining too much ha ha

Thanks Paul,..me as "old" as I am ..I'm always being accused of being Madisons Grand pa ..and she looks at the accuser and puts her hands on her hips..tips her head and says "He's my Dad! lol.. ( I look older then I am when I'm moving lol ) the leg braces and all ..sometimes I look like the tin man walking when he is rusted up lol) So yes,,I'm glad that I was able to do this with my youngest,..she will be telling her children about this adventure long after I'm gone