Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 5 days and wheels up :)

Default Re: 5 days and wheels up :)

Looks like you had no problem clearing the Blue Ridge Mountains Chase. Plenty of climb in that 80 hp. Rotax.

Sweet looking grass strip. Perfect for a Kitfox. Sound like you two are doing just fine and meeting some good Kitfox folks. Enjoy Ashley's graduation.

Is Madison letting you fly the Model 5 a little now and then?

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Chase and daughter Madison stopped for a quick lunch and visit at HVC, Tuesday afternoon. Was good to visit with a fellow Kitfoxer. Wish you blue skies and tailwinds for the rest of your trip.
    Danny
    Has she started learning how to T/O & Land?
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by SkyPirate View Post
    We climbed to 7500', on the other side we dropped right back down east of Ashville NC and stopped in to see Dragracingtaildragger, ( sorry Mitch if i got your handle wrong
    We had made it to Morristown dispite the weather we waited for to pass the previous day west of the Blue Ridge prior to flying over the BRM, and had a Great visit with Mitch also Great seeing you Mitch!! Madison hasnt stopped talking about you yet mainly " Dad? Do i really have to wait until i am 30 to get married? Ha ha ( Madison is 8 )
    Pic my plane nestled in Mitch's hanger with his 6 during the heat of the NC day
    Chase, I would recommend you reconsider 30, that is WAY too young to get married, I would recommend 35. : )
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Lol Paul on the 35 and I agree! And no on thelanding and taking off, she is learning to hold altitude first
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

LOL Steve yes she lets me take off and land 😜 and yes 78NC is an awesome grass strip and a great bunch of guys based here, I highly recommend anybody that is in this area that can land on a 2300' grass strip to stop in and pay them a visit, even if its just for a cold drink and some airplane talk
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Just have her do a nice easy wheel landing. . I'm not sure if it will put a grin on your face or an "Oh S * * t we're gonna die look. But what's life without a little excitement.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post
    Just have her do a nice easy wheel landing. . I'm not sure if it will put a grin on your face or an "Oh S * * t we're gonna die look. But what's life without a little excitement.
    Lol Paul flat n level first then turns, then approaches, then maybe a 3 point first, but that will be when she can reach the rudder pedals 👍😁
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Just tell her to scoot up, stick ALL of the luggage be hinder her. She can do it!

I can't believe SkyPirate is so Risk adverse! :roll eyes:

Have a fun trip, watch out for the fog in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I got stuck two days in a row, trying to get out when as I was packing to leave in come the FOG. The mountains were really neat, I flew up to Weyers Cave, VA, to the Blue Ridge Community College to take a Rotax Repair & Maintenance class. It definitely fun flying someplace that had some terrain.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Paul, She says " just stick for now ha ha

Landed at CNH 10:00 AM,

So far , 26 gallons of fuel , M48 to 78NC, not quite a straight line but close,
    21 gallons of fuel 78NC to CNH, watching weather for best return flight time/date
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Chase

Aren't the blue ridge mountains beautiful. I hope y'all have a great trip.

Paul
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas