Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: UK newbie about to dive in!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: UK newbie about to dive in!

Gooday Alan, nice post question that has demonstrated one of the great parts about building a Kitfox - the support of these guys - I have never met any of them but know them well and they are all generous with their expertise and advice - I have never waited long for all the advice I have needed when 'stuck' or unsure. And the manual is pretty good. I got my kit in October last year and have just reached the covering stage. Unlike many, I didn't by everything - I am still learning my way into the engine and instrument choices - and they are developing sooo rapidly I am postponing it as long as I can!

So, I have made pretty good progress but now am sitting in Bali - doing a bit of work actually ( I will attach a pic of our house here but that will probably not convince you I am working!) - and will be back into it in about a weeks time. I don't work regularly (not every week, nor 9-5) so I don't use the 'do the little bit every day' approach to it. In fact, that would annoy me - I prefer the 'full immersion' as I like to see substantive progress. However, the approach is obviously a negotiation between personal preferences and logistical practicalities. I don't think you should worry at all about why people don't finish Alan - there is no embedded problem with the design nor the kit that is causing people to slow down or stop. Their reasons will be personal and vary. The real challenge for each of us is make sure the project is capable of full-filling our personal aspirations - if the answer is 'yes', then go for it! life is too short... Look forward to seeing your progress Alan! - I suggest you treat this forum like a bank - make heaps of deposits of your progress and then you will have no problems making a few withdraws when you need them!

Best wishes

Ross
    Attached Images Attached Images