Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Motion Pro fuel line

Default Motion Pro fuel line

Anyone using Motion Pro fuel line? That's what is on my plane. It is very flexible, but $22 for 3 feet? Plan to renew it where the fuel line goes to the wings.
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

Default Re: Motion Pro fuel line

I use it .seems to be high quality ,super flexible but it adds up on the whole plane

Thanks Mike.
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

Wow that's expensive fuel line hose @ $7.33/ft! Am I correct this is being used from wing to header tanks only, specifically for superior flexibility to facilitate wing folding?
    -Aeropro CZ Aerotrek A240 Tri-Gear SLSA 912uls
    -Airdale Avid+ on CZAW Amphibs 'FatAvid Floater' (building)
    -Kitfox 4-1200 TD 912ul (sold)
    -Kitfox Model III TD 582 (R.I.P.)
    -Avid Flyer Mk-IV TD (sold)

heck I put all that kind of line on the engine. I'm talking the black rubber with the blue inset inside. no heat covering, just the hose. this engine is NOT an air cooled engine. it does not get very hot under the cowl. inside the cockpit it's blue bing all the way. along the floor to the shut off valve under the panel is aluminum tube.

I'm thinking I have the aluminum from the header tank to the firewall. all blue hose from wings to header tank. I use blue hose from the shut off valve to the filter, small piece, filter to firewall fitting. than from the firewall fitting on the engine side to fuel pump is that same black hose with blue inset.

I've flown my aircraft this way for about 1600hrs now. very simple hosing with no problems ever.

one more note. 4 years ago when I put a new engine in I ripped out the fuel line that came with the motor and put my tried and true line off the old engine right on the new one. yup, I got rid of the red heat wrapped hose. everything from the firewall forward was my old line from the other engine. you see I just upgraded all the line, suppose to be just fine for alki gas. A while later I found out that the original line that I threw off the engine had problems and rotax said to replace it, seems it was collapsing or something like that . I felt very good that I didn't use it. still sitting in my hangar. didn't even use the return to the header tank stuff. I never had a problem with that either. hot starts in 90+ temps, no problem.
    Last edited by Slyfox; 02-27-2014 at 10:52 AM.