Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nyla-flo

Default Re: Nyla-flo

Thanks for all the ideas. I will start today. I have tried installing the lines several times, beginning with the version from the manual. Dave, if you could post a few pictures of how you did it.

Just run your lines down the left longeron on top of the floor

If you are looking for SS brake lines ,check this link. http://bonacoinc.com/index.php

As promised, mr bill, I measured my stainless steel brake lines today; they are (Metric users; please cover your eyes for a moment ) one-fourth inch outside diameter, one eighth inch inside diameter and SURPRISE!...I lied the other day. The SS line are Nyla-flo or a competitive brand inside; I confused what I had put on the Kitfox with what I had put on our "Hawgs."

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

The red Duct Tape on the end of the braided line (top picture) is used when cutting lines to length. Wrapping them in tape and then making one swift cut with a hammer and chisel prevents fraying and subsequent bad language when adding the coupling hardware.

"E.T."
    Last edited by DesertFox6; 02-23-2014 at 08:54 PM.

I'l take a stab on the pictures. This is how mine are routed. The same with my first 9 year Kitfox. Similar, but likely not exactly what Dave had in mind.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox6 View Post
    As promised, mr bill, I measured my stainless steel brake lines today; they are (Metric users; please cover your eyes for a moment ) one-fourth inch outside diameter, one eighth inch inside diameter and SURPRISE!...I lied the other day. The SS line are Nyla-flo or a competitive brand inside; ....

"E.T."
    I suspect that what you have is a Teflon inner liner/tube with the s.s. outer braided cover. It's very common with the race car guys, & more and more with aircraft - unlimited life & immune to just about everything. Great for fuel & brake lines. Generally, the smaller the diameter the better for brakes to avoid any slight expansion & a "mushy" feel. Good stuff... made by Aeroquip, Earl's, etc.
    I used it a lot on my Thorp.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Right on target John; a receipt check showed my lines are Earl's products, same as my oil cooler.

"E.T."