Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
Here are a couple of pics of Avids and the trailers I used to haul them home. I said in an earlier message that I hauled one Avid 300 and another one 550 miles. I forgot to mention this yellow one that I hauled 450 miles as well. Any way, the tails were supported in all three of those cases. And using the tubing that was put there to attach a trailering hitch to. If I'm thinking of the same damaged Kitfox that was mentioned in the last post, my memory is that it was tied down in such a way that maybe the bouncing and flexing of the trailer is what damaged it. But then again, I've been wrong before... (one time I had thought I had made a mistake, and then found out I hadn't! LOL) Take care, Jim Chuk
I just talked to the seller and he explained the trailer in more detail, said he's getting some pics tomorrow when he goes out to make sure the tires are good and grease the bearings.

The trailer is a lot like Avidflyer's trailer.

plane faces backwards, wings are level, tail is raised and attaches to the hard points built in to the tail. The tail wheel is left to hang. The bracket is made of steel and is welded to the trailer. The trailer is a jetski trailer conversion to give you an idea.

It will pivot on the hard points in the tail and the gear and tires should spring up and down. The trailer tires should bounce as well. I think this is going to be just fine. I'll add all the foam and padding as described before but the mounting of the tail sounds good. Ill send pics tomorrow after I get them. *fingers crossed*

Does mounting it this way concern anyone?