This is a major concern. 1500 miles is a loooong way and a lot of little bumps.
O.k. so I found a lot of previous forum posts on this topic. It's not clear. I need to get some pics of the trailer to know if it's built to raise the tail or not. The plane is facing backwards I do know. Also the trailer is based on a jet ski trailer. According to the posts a lighter trailer is better anyways. The previous owner pulled it a couple hundred miles and said it went well.

I'm planning on bringing a spare tire as well as tools, screws, 2x4's, saw, foam, straps, a lot of straps, drill, bolts, eyebolts, bungee cords and a biiiig roll of plastic wrap. The plan is that I want to have everything to fabricate, cushion, seal and strap the plane for transport. The trick will be to secure it while allowing it to bump along on it's own suspension.

The pics above are great! You are lifting the tail and ridgidly mounting the tail with the hard points built in to the tail for the hitch. Some say that the tail should "bounce" or "float" with straps to keep it from shifting but still free to bump up and down. You have taken a different approach.

Why can't I just beam it here like star trek? that would be best.

I'd love to see some more pics if people have them.