Hey guys, I thought I should key in here. I just flew out to Elko and had Hal Stockman install a high compression Zipper kit and slipper clutch on my series 5 kitfox. I had the Xtra high compression pistons in my 80hp motor before this and already had pretty decent performance. But since I fly at high density altitudes and am playing around with some short backcountry strips, I felt the extra power was needed.

I am still in the first break in hours but I could instantly tell the difference. Tail comes up much quicker and my ground roll is shorter. My climb went from around 500fpm to right around 1000fpm with two guys and a density altitude of 7800ft With the extra power we had to add 2 degrees of pitch to my prop so I got about 12-15mph out of the top end in cruise. I have to keep an eye out on my altitude now, the plane loves to climb so I find I will be cruising along and look down to see that I am still climbing around 400fpm still while indicating 85mph (about 100mph on the ground). One other big note is how smooth the engine runs! I don't know if it is mainly due to the slipper clutch but it definitely idles a lot smoother and seems to run smoother overall.

My air master prop with the STOL blades just came in so that will be going on this week, it should compliment the big bore perfectly!