Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Oratex Fabric Covering Revisited

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Oratex Fabric Covering Revisited

bush fly,
    I carefully calculated the necessary material by laying it all out on graph paper. One thing that made it doable with less yardage was that Oratex was able to provide the material in a width of 76.5", so I can get the wing panels & then the tail feathers (except the vertical fin) out of the remaining strip in that area. Everything else comes out of the remaining length. The SS tail surfaces are larger than, for instance, on a IV. So I ordered 25m (82') of this extra wide batch. It leaves me enough extra for perhaps a tail surface screwup, & plenty for doilies, etc. Not a lot of margin for error. I'm going to take my time... definitely won't be a 4 day job for me. Asking how much it cost is like asking a guy how much he makes. I'm embarrassed to say, especially since I've got all this nice PolyFiber material & tape from the kit (I did sell the polybrush & glue). What's your name anyway? You look like my cousin from Wisconsin.
    Last edited by jrevens; 05-21-2014 at 07:57 AM.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime