Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rotax 582 Running Issues... Help

Default Re: Rotax 582 Running Issues... Help

I'm sure you will do a good job,..since you don't have any jigs,..cut and fit all your main structural pieces ,,use clamps, tack welded stanchions , spreaders ,etc to hold her true once your ready to start 100% welds pay mind to the welds pulling,..if you have to flash cool your welds ..(using a torch brush the heat across the weld to let it cool slowly) sometimes it eliminates pulling completely
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Oh sry to see these pictures, but don't give up, I'm sure you do a good job to to fix this nice kitfox!!

Fingers crossed....

Olaf
    Last edited by Olle1975; 02-24-2014 at 12:47 AM.

I've managed to strip the windshield and seat out, most of the frame has crumpled under the seat pan, but because the frame has been pulled down and my forward carry through spar is bent I'm not sure what original diamesions are to rebuild the frame and apparently skystar don't / won't release any drawings.

Can anybody help with diamesions of a simular frame? Tonight I will post some more pictures showing damage.

This is probably the last post I will put under this section.

My major concern at the moment is, the airframe is bent so much that I'm going to find it hard to refit new structure without some sort of measurements to go by. I've figured I can cut the structure between the rear of the seat and just behind the control column, plus all the structure above the cockpit apart from the rear carry through spar.

+I've still got to work out what to do with the wing, I could probably manufacture aluminium ribs to replace the broken ones.

Its still a lot of work and I really can't believe this happened...

Thanks to everyone for the support.
    Attached Images Attached Images