Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Rotax 582 Running Issues... Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Rotax 582 Running Issues... Help

I'd suggest performing a fuel flow test per this FAA Advisory Circular:

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...a/ac90-89a.pdf

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by lburnard View Post
    One other note, it doesn't seem to consume much / if any injection oil and it's all set up correctly. Should there be a filter between the tank and engine, it seems to restrict the flow quite a bit.
    It should be consuming injection oil. Make sure the alignment marks are matched up between the injection pump arm and casting at low throttle. The arm should advance smoothly as the throttle is opened. You should have a filter between the injection oil tank and engine. It should be a stainless steel wire mesh type, not a paper or fiber element. This will prevent the filter blocking off if you get any water in the injection oil system.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Thanks for that link, good info.

The oil filter looks like one of those paper types, so I'm not surprised it's restricting flow, I'll have to get it changed.

The marks must be matched, but I think this isn't the problem.
    Check the fuelpressure between your fuelpump and carbs and you know if there is something wrong about your fuelflow.

Olaf

When you say you checked your pulse line and there is nothing VISIBLY wrong with it, did that include removing the pulse line and inspecting the "INSIDE" of the line or just looking at it as it is installed and calling it good?

JimS

Question Re: Rotax 582 Running Issues... Help

Iburnard,
    Have you made any progress with your engine problems?
    JimS

Hi Jim,

This weekend I'm travelling to another state to do my tail wheel endorsement, as soon as I get back I will take her down the airfield and give her a test run provided it stops raining.

And as far as the pulse line goes, I actually have some of that ridged line that CPS sells and its new, so there shouldn't be any dramas there.

I'm pretty sure the marks match on my oil injection system as well.

Before I take her on another run, I'll install the fuel pump as well...

So, Ill post back in about a week and a half on my progress.

Hi!

change the gaskets and remounted it horizontally as stated from a few different sources.
    Horizontally is the right position but it's more important for fuelmixture like 1:50.

Do you have an instrument to read the fuel pressure, that will be my first step?

What about your EGT, is it balanced or did you see a difference?

If you have a camera, mount it in cockpit before your next start and record your flight. It's easier to evalute your temp., EGT, rpm after flight and you have the possibily to share it with us for locating the mistake.

Olaf