Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How important is this?

Default Re: How important is this?

That's correct esser. I can't imagine the #1 rib moving with the 4 blocks in place. I've only heated to 250 so far. But lowell makes a good point. ken

Half the reason I am thinking about this is because i installed the blocks and forgot about this step and now it will be harder to apply the hysol.

And correct me if I am wrong, but with an under cambered wing like we have, can't we only heat to 250?

In appendix c of the polyfiber manual it explains how to do a concave bottom. 2 coats poly tak on bottom of ribs, cover bottom, 50/50 mix poly tak and mek through the covering to hold onto ribs, shrink to 250. After putting on top covering, heat to 250, and then rib stitch. Now that you have it rib stitched it can be heated to 350. ken

Yes it can be heated to 350 if you do as Ken said-folow the manual. But also don't forget to reinforce the trailing edge, as it says in the Kitfox manual or as some others have done with different methods.

Jim