Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another great Kitfox day.

Default Another great Kitfox day.

Got the chance to meet with a TeamKitfox member today from Tucson. Marv Kea was in town and wanted to see a Kitfox. I met him at Deer Valley airport. We flew down to Chandler and met DesertFox1.
    Well it was a beautiful day again with clear skies and 75 degrees so naturally we flew. DesertFox1 gave us the green light to go fly his Super Sport so we did that too.
    P1110058.jpg
    P1110059.jpg
    Marv got some stick time in both the model 4 and a Super Sport today.
    That's a good day when you get to fly two aircraft.

P1110061.jpg

It was fun meeting Marv and a big thanks to DesertFox1 for his generous loan of 8KA. Always a treat to fly the 7SS and meet one of our members.
    P1110066.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Another great Kitfox day.

I had a great time meeting you both and yes it was a excellent day to be in the air. Thanks for a great time.

DF4,
    You are tempting me Big Time! Stop it you devil! Now you've got me thinking I need to go visit my mother in Mesa for a few days just to beg for a flight in those planes. Get behind me, Satan. Get behind me! It's 4 degrees F and IFR right now here in the Utah mountains.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Ahhh, Chandler! I received all of my helicopter training from Quantum Helicopters across the field. I wish I was getting paid per approach…..would've paid for a good portion of my training! I'm hoping to get back down there soon for some aerobatic/upset attitude training sometime soon.
    Dustin
    915is/AP430 powered Kitfox SS7

Quote Originally Posted by SkySteve View Post
    DF4,
    You are tempting me Big Time! Stop it you devil! Now you've got me thinking I need to go visit my mother in Mesa for a few days just to beg for a flight in those planes. Get behind me, Satan. Get behind me! It's 4 degrees F and IFR right now here in the Utah mountains.
    I was going to say similar. Yesterday it was 35 degrees here. I did go fly. had a wonderful time. I blocked off most of the water cooler and enjoyed nice and warm inside. had to turn off the heat vest and take my gloves off. so there.
    Last edited by Slyfox; 12-18-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Well, if Slyfox could muster the energy to fly in THOSE conditions, we desert rats shouldn't complain! At least not until next summer anyway!

And "FLY" was the word of the day yesterday! You DO remember yesterday was "Kitty Hawk Day" don't you? Uh-huh...I thought so.

Miss Dee's Cub (aka "Daisy Mae") came out of annual yesterday and, of course, deserved a complete shakedown flight to make sure the small wheel was still on the correct end. Leaving the Speedster in the hangar for an hour, we went out scaring "wabbits" across the desert brush which is turning into its reddish-gold-umber winter livery about an hour before local sunset yesterday. Just another rotten winter day in Arizona!

(I tried to load some nifty, low-level pictures here but they wouldn't stay...maybe another day...sigh)

And all this selfless effort was undertaken purely out of respectful memory of the brothers who managed to invent our hobby: Without a single word from the FAA! THANK YOU WILBUR AND ORVILLE!!!

"E.T." & Miss Dee

next summer. is that when you have 120 and I'm flying in 75 degrees

Looks like a great day for flying. A bit different her in OZ at the moment - 38-40Celcius yesterday and the forecast is the same for today! have to knock of work in the hanger about 1pm and go find a nice cool place 'ill 7pm.

thanks for the pics - nice looking paint too!

r

"I am OFFICIALLY JEALOUS."
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

I really don't know what the fuss is. I went flying today and it was 32 outside. inside I was nice and warm. what's the problem. was nice and sunny as well. I'm happy. Sure would be nice to go to Arizona. but I can't. I'm still happy.

I would also like to add. the density altitude is fantastic. great lift. very fun.