Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another great Kitfox day.

Default Re: Another great Kitfox day.

Now don't get too jealous GWright- the clouds are rolling in and they are talking a chance of rain tonight & tomorrow here in Phoenix. Good chance we won't have to shovel it though. We may not see sunshine again until ah, Saturday. Maybe well get up to 70 again on Christmas day. And to think I used to not like winters.

next summer. is that when you have 120 and I'm flying in 75 degrees
    Well it really seldom hits 120 here Slyfox. More like 110 to 115. We just go to Idaho then. We wish. Come down any time Slyfox, summer or winter. Love to go flying with you.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

This has NOTHING to do with flying, but it happened and I'm reporting it. I've been out working today driving my 4 wheel drive Dodge truck in 4 wheel drive at 25 mph. We had freezing rain last night, then 8 inches of snow on top of the ice. I had to go to the top of one our mountains this afternoon and before I got to the top, I started sliding backwards down the road while all four wheels were spinning forward. Not good. When the truck came to rest in the deep snow along side the road I got out, chained up all four tires and headed back up the mountain, just to turn around and come creeping down with the gearbox in reverse so I could control the sliding. All this to say Arizona is looking good right now to a lot of us.
    Last edited by SkySteve; 12-19-2013 at 06:20 PM.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Oh I sure can sympathize Steve. There was many a time I couldn't get my vehicle up the darn driveway in the winter. At least it was my driveway and I could walk to the house and try it on another day. If the snow plow didn't bury it first.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear