Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912uls module a/b-mag r/l ?

Default 912uls module a/b-mag r/l ?

I know I have read it somewhere but can't find it when I need it. Does the right or left ignition switch go to module A? Thanks for saving me an hour of hunting when I could be making progress on my ss7.

Default Re: 912uls module a/b-mag r/l ?

I expect that the right and left designation is due to the physically right and left magnetos. When I wired my airplane, I didn't trace the wires from each module, so the A - B designation is arbitrary. If I ever have an ignition issue it will be simple to trace whch is which.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Jeff,

The Right/left magneto designation is sort of a hold over from when we had actual tractor type magnetos screwed to the back of the engine......not that relevant on a Rotax since the physical system is not arranged that way.

When I ran my P leads, I put a tag on the P lead by the switch designating one A & one B per the sticker on the module.

An extremely frugal way of identifying the P leads is to draw a magic marker band or place a colored electrical tape on one of the P leads at both ends when that P lead is hooked up for an easy trace later if needed.

Cheers,

Dave S
    KF7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive

Thanks gentlemen. I guess that makes sense that the modules don't need that designation, I thought I had read something in the installation manual and couldn't find it again Musta been my imagination. The kitfox forum sure has been valuable to me while building my SS7!!! I appreciate that others will help out so much.

the rotax 912 installation manual shows a ignition hookup diagram but doesn't label the switches . it shows the left switch going to B and the right switch going to A module using 18 ga wire . so doesn't matter how they are labeled as long as you can figure out which module they go to if need be.
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa