Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: National Air and Space Museum - Must See!

Default National Air and Space Museum - Must See!

Preface - I had know idea where to really put this, so if a moderator sees fit to move it, fine. But it is aviation related and one of the coolest Holiday Season things, I have seen done in a long time.

I've been to the National Shrine and it is incredible in it's own right. If you haven't been there, it is well worth putting on your bucket list.

I did not see this in person, but it has had over a million Youtube hits. Take a look: http://shine.yahoo.com/ellen-good-ne...215149053.html

Greg

Default Re: National Air and Space Museum - Must See!

This is as good a place as any, Danzer1. I second the Air and Space Museum as a must see.

Another really good one is the National Museum of the USAF in Dayton, OH. I had the opportunity to visit this one last spring. Huge, with just a ton of stuff to see. We spent the better part of a day there, I could have spent two or three there, easily.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Larry,

I was at the USAF Museum when I was a youngster, and it was one of the events that sparked my lifelong interest in aviation - I was awed by it all. It is on my list to revisit again, hopefully this spring. I hear it has changed a lot and better than ever.

Happy Holidays,
    Greg

I've stood under all those historic flying machines just a couple years back with my son. The only way it could have been improved upon would have been to have the Air Force band fire up and play in that magic space. The Smithsonian Air & Space museum was a bucket list check off for me. Also rode the bus out to the one at Dulles.

IMG_0518.jpgIMG_0556.jpg

P1030139.jpgP1030133.jpg

P1030143.jpgP1030141.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I was there with my son too, about 4 years ago. I think it was what finally turned the corner for him to pursue his pilots license. It is that inspiring!

I wholeheartly agree. I have been to both more than once. the one at dulles takes all day. also went to usaf museum in Dayton about 6 yrs ago. I was there all day and it wasn't long enough

Very cool, thanks for posting.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

I was at the Dayton museum for two days last year, and it wasn't near enough
    time ... I need to go back. The USAF Band is a show worth watching if they ever
    come to town as well. They are very good. My wife forced me to go, and I can
    say I did NOT want to go, but came away wanting to see them again.

Jeff

My avatar is from the Dulles Air and Space(Steven F. Udvar-Hazy). If you are interested in aviation at all, it is a must see- however if you are a west coaster like me kind of hard to get over there to see it

Other worthwhile Museums in my opinion are Museum of Flight in Seattle(Paine field or basically Boeing), and Evergreen Air and Space in McMinnville(home of the Spruce Goose). The Evergreen museum is beautiful, kind of a cool story behind Evergreen Airlines- from what I gather Evergreen was Air America for the CIA in Vietnam- kind of explains how they can afford such cool toys