Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Headsets

Default Headsets

I am going to,order a new head set, either Bose or Zulu what are your thoughts. I flew with John this summer and his Bose were very very nice.

Default Re: Headsets

Zulus are light and comfortable and seem to work well . I just have a problem spending 1k for something made in china . I'm just going staying with my green ones for now and see how the new dc anr works out .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

I upgraded my DC to ANR using the $169 kit from Headsets Inc http://www.headsetsinc.com/ANR_kits.html

It's no Bose or Zulu but I could fly a whole lotta hours on 1K worth of fuel.

I also have been flying with a dc that I've upgraded with the same anr kit . has been working pretty good . had a problem with one of the ear pieces and had to replace it . for the price it's certainly worth it . I opted to buy the power supply and made mine a panel power supply , don't have to worry about batteries giving up and scaring the crap out of you when all the noise starts.
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Same deal here, Had a hard time spending 1000 bucks times 2 , then I found a nice headset at a great price from DRE. Not advertised alot but I got 2 ANR headsets for less than the price of one of the fancy ones. I was just on their website and they are $399 for the 6001b , or the 6001t . Mine have worked great for 10 years and the only concession I made was to connect them to ships power instead of batteries. Bruce N199CL

I'm really enjoying my Zulu 2's. They're very comfortable and link nicely to my iPad via BlueTooth for music and aural runway warnings from Foreflight. I wasn't so impressed with their newest model since the controller dongle is pretty massive.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

I have used David Clark's for over 30 years, works great. When service was needed, it has been top notch and tech support also.

Dick B

Yes you can get the anr for the kitfox. I have the bose in my rv. I have a dc in my kitfox. it doesn't bother me at all to use the dc in my kitfox, love it in that airplane. the dc in my rv, forget it, too noisy. go from there.

Have Bose X in Kitfox now (preowned). Utilized Lightspeed Zulu and Lightspeed 30 3gs in the Fox also. All are good. I like the Zulus best. Comfortable. Use bluetooth to get a clearance on the ground occasionally. Service with Lightspeed has been excellent. They also usually have a "trade up" program.

http://www.lightspeedaviation.com/co...eupprogram.htm

Maxwell
    Maxwell Duke

Kitfox S6 IO-240 Built it (Flying since 2003)
    Maule M7-235C Sold it (liked it though)
    RV-10 IO-540 Bought it
    Zenith CH-750 Built with 7 friends (DAR Vic Syracuse)

Im thinking of going with the MGL when i get the MGL radio, mostly ive used david clarks though
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL