I have been flying my Model 2 Kitfox for 18 years.
My model 2 has turned into a very capable but slow cruise and high fuel burn backcountry airplane with 29" bushwheels and a few other mods.
I base off a 650 foot one way grass strip and my hanger requires folding the wings which only takes 2-3 minutes since the flaperon push rods do not need to be disconnected.
I have been looking for several years (and so have many others) for a Model 4 powered by a 912S.
I assume that since the Model 4 is ~100-150 pounds lighter than a Model 5-7 with the same wing and 912S, it is very desirable with the short field crowd.

What I want is the short field performance of a Just Highlander and the cruise speed of the SS-7.

So I have several questions regarding the SS-7 which will help me decide regarding the SS-7

1. How long does it take to fold the wings solo on the SS-7 by the time you disconnect the pushrods and support the flaperons so that they do not get damaged in the folding process?

2. How do you manipulate and support the flaperons after disconnecting the pushrods?
Can it be done properly solo?

3. How light would it be possible to build a 912S powered SS-7 with

a. no upholstery other than the seat cover?
b. no adjustable rudder pedals?
c. minimal flight and engine monitoring instruments?
d. no co-pilot brakes?
e. no lights?
f. no transponder or radio?

I was told that weight could be saved by eliminating the SS-7 trim system and go with an elevator trim tab.

Also weight could be saved by not air foiling the tail feathers.

According to the Grove gear website the SS-7 gear leg weighs 35 pounds which I assume does not include the axles.
I appreciate the simplicity and less drag of the Grove gear but it is heavy in comparison to Cub style gear like John Roberts builds for the Rans S-7 which is a very capable backcountry airplane.
Also I feel the Grove gear is not tall enough to get the angle of attach that I desire even with 29" Airstreaks.

I realize it does not make sense to save a few pounds if you ruin the flight characteristics of the plane.
Also, omitting many features will make re sale more difficult.

I will appreciate comments from this forum regarding my intended use for the SS-7.
Thanks
Herman