Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox Moments

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Kitfox Moments

Since joining this forum I have noticed a lot of questions from newbies or wannabies about our planes. Post after post answer the questions of how to or which is better, what we did or what we want to do.

What I don't see much of are posts relating to our way of life, our adventures or 'moments' of the pure joy of flying our planes.

In 45 years of flying I cannot tell you how many times I have remarked, "Look at what we get to do!"

Personally, I love to pull the power back to a nice controllable airspeed, drop down low and S-turn following a river or canyon or road then add power, climb to a chandelle and do it again. I see the world from a different perspective every time I climb into the cockpit and smile at the wonder of my passengers that I share my adventures with.

I just returned from cross-country to Columbia and the Luscombe fly-in. I have many Luscombe friends and spent three days enjoying their company and listening to their stories and adventures.

I flew nearly 400 miles where I was 1000' agl or less with beautiful weather and acceptable wind. My doors were open and my engine purred while I watched the landscape roll by.

I would love to hear some of your stories, your 'moments' relating the joy of flying to the visitors of this forum and I am sure they would also.

Look what we get to do!

Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lbushrod; 05-11-2009 at 11:38 AM.