I guess it all depends on what you call a short approach. I have done a 800ft, slow to 50, drop out and land doing a base to final over the numbers, but you have to slip, major. Now if you call a short approach about 1000 ft out. I can do that without a slip.

I think a lot of things depend on where you turn your final. what speeds you are using. my 3 point speed over the numbers is no more than 50. wheel landing about 55. and yes a full stall landing is about 35. your idle on your plane is going to be an upmost importance. I have mine about 500. if you have an idle at 1800, you are going to float down the runway.

I have an inflight adjustable prop, I have that flattened to take off setting when landing. that helps a bunch also. and finally you don't have to slip, at least I don't, if I find I'm a little to fast, push in the rudder and keep the wings level, this is on short final. that' opposite aileron, weird to do but works great. now I don't know if my vg's allow me to do that or not, so try that up high before doing it low.