Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912 Oil Drain plug size

Default 912 Oil Drain plug size

I am needing to order a new Oil Temp sender for my 912. Mine is one of the early Kitfox's and this sender was installed in the crankcase drain plug hole. I am having a little trouble finding this sensor. If any of you know what size thread this plug is then I believe I will be able to find the correct sensor. Mine has 399S9 printed on it but when I went to order this it says it is for Cont. & Lycoming engines. Thanks

Update: I must have had a brain fart. This sender is what was called for in the manual and later was switched to the location by the pump. I just unhooked the wires up by the gauge and installed the other sender and hooked it up, so the wires pulling out of this bottom sender are not going to be a problem. However this time I cut the wires off down by the sender so as not to alarm me the next time I forget what I did. It sucks to get old.
    Last edited by Bryan; 11-01-2013 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Corrections

Default Re: 912 Oil Drain plug size

It sucks to get old.
    Bryan- we're all making that journey with you brother.

Glad you remembered what you forgot to remember,before.
    I think.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

:-) ya, I am also looking for the gold in them "golden years".

the pitch is 1.5 and the width is I believe 8 mm. Oh and the placement is on the front of the engine. the pressure sensor is on the right side of the front, the temp sensor is on the pilot side front, right off the filter support. that's the way mine is anyway. If you are wanting to put a sensor back where you have it now, consider just leaving the sensor, clip the wires and put the sensor in the location that the 912 has it. just a thought.
    Last edited by Slyfox; 11-03-2013 at 04:15 PM.

We spend a lot of our golden years in a waiting room.

Thanks to all of you. Yes I do have it by the pump but it is kind of weird that mine originally had this located down under on the bottom of the crankcase, with a part number that was for a Cont. or Lycoming. Thanks Sly that is what I did was cut the wires from the bottom one and just left it installed.