Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Sb-912-015 a,f,ul

Default Sb-912-015 a,f,ul

SB-912-015 for 912 A and 912 F dated 7/29/96
    SB-912-015-UL for 912UL dated 12/20/07

replacement of rocker arms

Has anybody had to do this? Any idea on cost?
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Default Re: Sb-912-015 a,f,ul

lets see here, you will need 8 rockers, 4 pins and 8 plastic(or whatever) inserts. I believe the cost around 3000. Now if the original owner did the update years ago, they had a kit that was real low, like 800. to check if you need this, remove the covers and put the cylenders at top dead center, the pins should come right out, if the bushings arn't a problem. than you can see if you need the update. if the old style you will have a bronze bushing in the rocker. new style, no bushing.

I don't see any problems running the old style. Just make it a point to check them every 100hrs. you have a problem, than you have to make your decision on what to do. I guess you can do one cylender at a time.

LEAF says my 912UL is newer then the ones listed for this service bulletin,..whew,..I'm good to 1200 hrs and there is a potential for it to go to 1500 hrs,..in the near future,.. he reflected the same questimation at LEAF unless they can find one of the kits you mentioned,..he is going to call me back tomorrow if he finds one and I might go ahead and get it anywas,..going to check my rockers now any ways just because,..preventive maintenance is a good thing
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

these 912's are like my nephews and nieces,,you can take one out and have fun with them but you take em back at the end of the day now that I have kids ,,everything that pops up concerning their health,.I check into it
    in relation I have flown a few 912's prior to owning this one..I flew it ..enjoyed it,,didn't pay much attention to the maintenance end..now I do
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

serial numbers of 912UL engine effected from

4005196 thru 4400408
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL