Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Oz build SS7

Default Re: Oz build SS7

Can't really see the safety wiring completely in the picture. So here's a good tutorial: http://www.avweb.com/news/maint/1911...l?redirected=1

I've always really liked those old Stinsons!

Greg

Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Default Oz build SS7 - safety wire

thanks for the links guys - they are really helpful! I will take a few photos of detail and post tonight.

Default Oz build SS7 - Rudder pedals

Can anyone clarify for me please just which 'horns' on the rudder pedal assembly need to be shortened for the adjustable rudder pedal kit? The manual says "... all four rudder pedal horns" so I have shortened the "4" on the rudder pedals ( 2 pairs) - not the ones on the torque tube. But it looks from Esser's pics that all of the 4 pairs of horns have been shortened?? ???? In other words lop the lot off! True?? Must admit to going slow on this part as it has taken me a while to understand it from the manual - but better to read and read and read ..... and then cut I guess@!
    cheers
    r

You got'r Pontiac. A stationary belt sander will help do a nice job. But just lop them off and clean them up. I felt a little squeamish too when I did it.

Default Oz build SS7

Hi Esser,

thanks for the reply - I assume 'You got'r Pontiac' is US speak for yes, cut them all off?! I looked at your posting of this part after I got to that stage - I had to discover the tip for myself of taking off all the powder coating for the bearing to fit! first one I was tenderly taking off a little a time waiting for the magic to happen but soon tired of that and went mechanical! Thanks again for all your posts - it is really helpful for those coming after you - especially the photos that compliment the description. I will make more thorough post myself now - I need to take a few more photos today and will post tonight.

cheers

ross

Or Canadian speak
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Ops! Thank you. I should have realised that photonics is Canadian!

All these post and pictures are great for us just starting, we learn a lot

Default Oz build SS7 problem with right side ruder pedal assembly

In one of my last posts I showed the rudder assembly in place - that was before fitting the Nylex(?) bearings - I commented on how I found what Esser found about taking the powder coating off to get them to fit - well that worked well on the left side and fitted up nicely. The right side was a different matter - especially the second (outboard) bearing - I sanded and sanded and sanded to get it to fit, and even then it was tight. I am not sure why it was so hard and different from the other side. Anyway, I got it to fit- BUT, I am not happy with it. I reckon i took off too much of the thickness of the tube and the bearing got a chip out of it in the process - it works and feels fine but gotta live with it. Anyway, I have decided to order a new one with the bearings and re do it. Can't for the life me figure why there was so much difference in the two sides. Plenty else to go on with and it will be much easier to get it right now than later when it all gets closed in.
    Attached Images Attached Images