Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 49 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Oz build SS7

Default Re: Oz build SS7

Another Yellow Kitfox is hatching. Looks Great.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Yes Paul, and today it sprouted another wing! and a flapperon! The guys suggested we hook it up to their car now and tow it down the runway to see if it will fly! Kindly declined their offer!

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Lots of activity here at the airfield last few days - for my OZ friends, mt beauty is getting a nice new upgrade - same length (800m) but wider and will be sealed. Remember to use the live webcam and weather for Mt Beauty.

http://avmet.ymbt.org.au/

cheers
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.

Quote Originally Posted by rosslr View Post
    Yes Paul, and today it sprouted another wing! and a flapperon! The guys suggested we hook it up to their car now and tow it down the runway to see if it will fly! Kindly declined their offer!

cheers
    I can't imagine you turned down the Glider Tow, just add about 150 pounds to the front for weight & balance. In fact I would recommend strapping the individual that made that recommendation to the front of the plane for the above mentioned 150 pounds, and the go for it. I bet he would be a little reluctant.

It is coming along well. I'm beginning to agree with Judd at the factory. When you build a Kitfox, and you start the painting process, it doesn't matter what color you put in the spray gun, it comes out Yellow, and Damned I like that bird in Yellow.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Yellow (at least some) seems to make them fly better

Don't know about faster Bill. Don't know about the magic that occurs in the paint pot either Paul because that didn't work on yours! But I think Judd is suggesting how popular the Lemon is becoming - and that is probably because of one main reason - visibility! I like Floogs carrot scheme and Papua's take off of the Indonesian flag (or is it the Polish falg?) too for that reason!

And then there is our person preferences in colour choices - as I am not noted for colour sense at all (ask Gayle what I look like when I get dressed to go out!) I just went with the wisdom of others! Well done to those who are confident enough to make up there own!

cheers
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ

Quote Originally Posted by rosslr View Post
    Lots of activity here at the airfield last few days - for my OZ friends, mt beauty is getting a nice new upgrade - same length (800m) but wider and will be sealed. Remember to use the live webcam and weather for Mt Beauty.

http://avmet.ymbt.org.au/

cheers
    A little Foggy today at Mt. Beauty, looks to be a low ceiling.

I purchased #1 SLSA. While I was at the factory Judd was painting Number 2, & it was yellow. I didn't see #2 until after I purchased 703KA, I almost backed out to order a Yellow Plane. There is a picture of the factory Facebook page with three count them three yellow Kitfox's. I took my plane up to have them convert it to a Tail Dragger, and that is when Judd made the paint comment, he said the predominant color has been yellow. I told him I really like the color, he looked at me and said no we are not repainting your plane! Needless to say I like your Paint!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Default Re: Flapperons on! Sort of....

Hey Paul,

glad to see you had a look at the web cam from a far! Better day today, but the rain was welcome as it has stopped any threats of bushfires - int he short term at least!

We have got the flapperons sprayed and installed - at least we have them on the hinges - now to rig them! I reckon the plane has taken on an a attitude with these hanging off the back of the wing! what do you think!?

cheers
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ

It's looking great Ross. Love the color.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Hi Ross,
    Any more progress?

Jono