Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Oz build SS7

Default Re: Oz build SS7

Thanks Dutch and Ken for the comments - I will go and put a rivet in those two holes using the methods you suggest - I did read about using the washers in the manual but thought it easier to just drill another hole! but it will be good to try the method and another rivet cant hurt!

Will remember the tip r the jury strut bolts Dutch!
    Must away and find some warm bodies to help me put the wings back on!~

cheers

ross

Well, yesterday we re-attached the wings after completing the riveting for the strut attach brackets, re checked and adjusted the rigging and started on the butt ribs. Gayle is back helping now her back is better and it really makes a difference having two people working together.
    We found that the 1 inch measurement for the wing sweep was about 1/16 ( or a little less) on one side - will this make much difference? We cant seem to work out how to get it exactly even now. 120inch measurements we got to within 2-3 mm so are happy with that and the dihedral and twist measurements pretty well spot on.

As for the Butt ribs, after reading the posts here we decided to mount them with the flange inwards, liking the idea of providing more 'edge' for the windscreen attachment. Gayle made up 1/16th spacers from plastic and they worked well. Taking today off to fly with a friend!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Progress is looking good OZ. Great to see it coming together so well! What do you think? About another week or so and she'll be ready for the Phase 1 FLT TESTS? Keep up the good work!
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

Hey Chris - thanks for the encouragement - though I think you mistakenly said 'week or so ' instead of 'year or so'......!
    Last edited by rosslr; 01-08-2014 at 12:30 AM.

Looking good!! I see your co pilot is trying out the " kitfox T shirt cannon turret location" i wish i thought of that,.. I usually just duct tape Maddie to the belly and she throws the T shirts at unsuspecting targets
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

A little off topic, but had the day off and went flying yesterday. Here is a pic of the valley we live in and our little town. You can see the strip centre of the second pic, and the track leading into the paddock beyond the strip - that is the winch for the glider launching.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I really like the pictures. The terrain looks very familiar. It could be an early Summer view of one of numerous valleys in the California foothills of the Sierra Nevada in early Summer.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

I'll have to add the extended range tanks so I can come visit

Excellent idea Josh! Actually, the friend I was flying with yesterday in that Bonanza flew it out from the US with long range tanks! Hope you thaw out soon. Ross

guess i didn't know there were any hills in australia . looks like nice flying, a little bumpy since its warm there ?
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa