Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Best heater for IV with 912 ???

Default Re: Best heater for IV with 912 ???

Thought I would post a pic of the core install. It is riveted on an angle to two aluminum angles - couldn't think of another way to say it - that are attached to the tubing behind the panel with adel clamps. Incidentally, it is the single fan Earl's core.

What looks like gunk all over the firewall, is a section of aluminum faced sound foam.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Default Re: Best heater for IV with 912 ???

Ackselle,

It looks like your Earl's radiator mounting is 180 degrees different than what I am doing, so you and the others posting are probably on the right track for a secure firewall pass-through plumbing joint. My instructions (and the way I am planning it) call for the entrance and exit tubes (to the cooler/heater core) to be mounted on the pilot's side, with a 180 routing to the firewall using flexible hose inside the cockpit....a different installation version.

As an aside, my project is hampered by the original builder (from a warmer climate, AZ) most likely having no concern for a cabin heater and "filling the space" where the heater should be with wires, cables, etc. The stuff behind the instrument panel is in the way of the heater core, so I'm making a modified hangar to move the core lower and away from the firewall. I'm using small diameter 4130 steel tubing with Adel clamps to make a bridge from the instrument panel bottom cross tube forward to the corner triangle plate on each side.

Carry on, and good luck with it all.

Skot
    Kitfox Vixen 912 ULS
    N24V at C29